Retreat Week Topics:
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate a method of presentation that allows individuals to organize their thoughts and present them effectively and persuasively.
Handling Difficult Business Conversations
- Develop the ability and courage to successfully plan and manage difficult business conversations, including diagnosing the challenge and moving from blame toward problem solving.
Understanding Your DISC
- Identify the major elements of personality style and learn to enhance interpersonal relationships.
Coaching and Being Coached
- Learn to use a people development process, incorporating developing a plan to make positive and measurable enhancements of individuals' strengths to the benefit of their organization.
Living a Balanced Life
- Recognize and develop the ability to use methods that enable individuals to live their best lives, including life balance, optimism and resilience.
Developing People in Your Organization
- Develop an environment in which learning and growth are ongoing high priorities.
Follow-Up Sessions Topics:
Best Practices in Employment
- Review the various employment laws which impact organizations and their day-to-day business, including updates and new laws, and identify actions required to ensure compliance.
- Identify ways to attract, recruit and hire the best personnel available.
- Develop the most critical communicating skill and make it an integral leadership tool.
Building Your Strengths
- Optimize individual and team effectiveness by identifying strengths and finding ways to maximize the use of those strengths.
- Learn and practice the important skill of storytelling in the organization.
Dealing with Change
- Learn to lead organizations through change by increasing everyone's understanding of the change, including discussing the "un-discussable.
- Learn the importance of integrity in every area of business.
Level 5 Leadership
- Learn the characteristics that distinguish leaders of great companies from those of companies with good, or acceptable, performance.
Managing the Generations in the Workplace
- Understand the importance of managing each of the generations in the workplace to optimize performance.
Executive Panel Discussions Topics:
- Ethics in Business
- Building and Supporting the Right Culture
- Your Learning Agenda
- Decision Making at the Top
- Crisis Management
Companies are to assign a senior executive as a mentor to regularly coach the student. Agenda topics will be provided and we request that mentoring sessions be conducted at least twice a month. It is also requested that the mentor not be the employee's immediate supervisor. Additional information regarding the mentoring process will be presented at the beginning of the program.